Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trek

This year is the year to go on trek in our stake. If you don't know what trek is it's just a trip pioneer style. We will be pushing handcarts and sleeping in tents for three days. I was pretty excited about it. Then tonight, I went to a meeting where we get to meet our adopted "parents" and "siblings" for the trek. I did not know a soul in my group. I know over half of the people in my stake and I got stuck with a group without anyone I know. I looked around at all the other groups and there was at least two people in every group that I knew. I really wish that I could have someone in my group that I know, but it looks like that won't happen.  We named our family the family of Shiz (the family from the Book of Mormon, don't get any thoughts in your head) and we consist of two girls and three boys (so far). Our "parents weren't even there tonight because they were in Thailand. Crazy right? Well, I can't do anything about the family problem but I am looking forward to becoming friends with the rest of the Shiz family and I am looking forward to trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment